It seems that over the past three days her cervix continued to thin and was found to be actually dilated 2-3 centimeters. The surgeon was able to affix the suture as planned, however, but Baby A's membrane was already exposed.
Because of the risk of infection to the babies, Tracey will need to spend the next 48 hours in hospital on strict bed rest while she receives IV antibiotics. In two days she'll be reassessed and the decision will be made whether or not she can come home. Regardless of the venue, she will unfortunately be confined to bed for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Tracey is doing well and is in remarkably good spirits.
We'll post updates as soon as we know...