- The boys have now tried eating butternut squash, apples, bananas and peas. All but the squash were a disaster. Lots of spitting and gagging. Nolan is so dramatic he actually went off colour dry heaving on applesauce. He was not actually choking, just hated it THAT much. Uh oh, two bursting apple trees in our back yard - better learn to like it buddy. Next up - yams.
- At Rio's soccer camp I met a mom who is an identical twin and she herself had a 28 week preemie. That preemie only spent 57 days in the NICU mind you (I think she could see me breathing fire when she told me that one) but she is now 12 and amazing so it has been great for me to see her run around all big and strong and healthy, watching her little brother play soccer with Rio.
- Nolan learned to roll over both directions this week but has only done it the one day. Asher has still only rolled front to back and hasn't done that in weeks.
- I am getting the kids' names tattooed but am trying to figure out where. I've got the font so we're getting somewhere.
- Today we went to the park and I needed to pump in the van so Jordan walked the kids to a convenience store. Jordan only had debit, which they didn't take, so the nice man gave Rio the sucker she had picked out anyway. The nice man also thought Asher was a girl. Those eyelashes really are ladykillers, or I guess in today's case, maneaters.
- Jordan lost a piece of my pump down the drain today, total accident, but I SPAZZED. It's really sad, sad, sad how much that breast pump means to me.
- Tomorrow we have Asher's physio over to our house again. I am excited to discuss with her how we think Asher's stretching and skills have improved since she was here last week. More to report tomorrow.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
This has been a pretty quiet week but I know I haven't done a post in a while so I'll try to think some stuff up. Here are some random facts about our week so far: