- Love - I love Jordan and the kids to the depth of my soul. I have the best partner and children I could have ever asked for. "All you need is love" - I really believe that and this past year has shown me that the love the five of us share can get us through anything.
- Strength and Acceptance - I have seen both of these in myself to an extent I never would have thought possible a year ago.
- Friends and Family - We can't possibly repay all the support we have received so we can only hope to pay it forward. The generosity and kindness of the human spirit never ceases to amaze me.
- Health - Regardless of the past, or what the future may bring, at this moment all five of us are healthy and that's what matters.
- Happiness - Despite the hard times, our family is incredibly happy. I went with a friend to a tea leaf reading (fun!) several weeks ago, and amongst all the other things she saw she kept coming back to how happy my family is. I hope it's that obvious to everyone, not just a psychic.
- Gratitude - Yup, that's right, I am grateful for being grateful. Our experiences have shown me to take nothing for granted, the least of which being the health and happiness of those I love. What we've been through was a gift that taught us to be thankful for every moment, even the not so perfect ones.
- Small Miracles - For example - yesterday I left Asher lying on his back under his activity mat. When I came back a couple minutes later he was on his tummy, stuck under the coffee table, at least two feet away. Not only did he roll back to tummy for the first time, but he pivoted himself around enough to get stuck. These are the things you don't usually consider "miracles" when you have perfectly healthy babies, but our focus has changed. See Gratitude above.
- Wealth - Not the financial kind (no definitely not the financial kind), but the kind that comes from an abundance of all the things I have listed above. In that case, we are wealthy beyond belief.
Happy Thanksgiving y'all - enjoy those turkeys!