- Nolan has learned "so big". You don't even need to fully ask "How big is Nolan?", you just have to go as far as "How big?". He is sooo proud of himself as he throws his hands into the air, over and over and over again.
- Nolan has learned to clap. This often accompanies "so big" because he is so proud he has to clap for himself.
- Nolan is cruising around the furniture all of a sudden, although I think walking on his own is still a ways off. It's been a big couple of learning weeks for him!
- Nolan has decided to scream before bed every night. It starts as he is lowering into the crib - his face begins to contort and I think he is joking he looks so ridiculous and then the wailing starts.
- Every night when Nolan screams Asher looks over at him and then looks up at me with a "what the hell is his problem?" look on his face. Asher then promptly rolls over and sucks his thumb and ignores him until he stops. It is too cute, and amazing how little they disturb each other.
- The boys have both taken to sleeping 14 hours per night (not every night, but often, and a minimum of 12.5 hrs). And then they have a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. Life is so good, and I honestly think this is why they have so easily caught up in size to their full term counterparts. They do a lot of growing in their sleep!
- Rio has preschool photos next week. I cannot wait, she is going to be so darn cute!
- Rio is registered in a soccer camp for the summer but we are looking for more activities for her. She asked if she could take dance and given our previous track record (3 failed attempts) I am a bit leery.
- Asher sees the pediatric neurologist next week. His pediatrician, who we LOVE, suggested he should see her in addition to the physiatrist who diagnosed him. We couldn't agree more and were thrilled we got in so quickly.
- Asher is cutting his 11th tooth. Nolan only has 8. They got the first 8 in the exact same order with Nolan about a week ahead of Asher each time. Freaky. But as for these last 3, Asher is blowing him out of the water - two molars and an eye tooth.
- Asher will eat ANYTHING. That kid is a machine. Crunchy, spicy, you name it, he'll eat it and then immediately open his mouth waiting for more. Nolan is much more picky, and likes to scrape food out of his mouth with his hand and throw it on the floor if he doesn't like it. Asher has also started jamming his hand in his mouth while eating, so I hope he isn't learning Nolan's bad tricks.
- Both boys are talking like crazy. Nolan likes to babble non stop (his favourite being something like "tukkalukkatukkalukkatukalukka..."), but Asher likes to save it up for mimicking. Currently they have the following in their repertoires: mama, dada, baba, lala, brrr, and Asher's edge on Nolan - baby.
- Yesterday I watched them across the room from each other, blowing raspberries and killing themselves laughing. One would blow a raspberry, they'd both laugh hysterically, then the other would do it back....over and over again. It is getting so cool to see them really interacting.
- I am still stressing about the thyroid but shockingly, am somewhat managing to take it day by day. I got some good feedback from my GP who agrees 100% with the findings of the endocrinologist, and I got some details about surgery and recovery from nurses who work in that area. I am still scared *beep*less of the surgery, but what can you do.
- Rio and I spring cleaned our house this week and she was actually a really big help, so I will take advantage as long as she thinks cleaning is FUN!
- Our blessed Canucks, God love them, need to finish their playoff series tonight or I'm going to lose my mind. How is watching sports this stressful??
- The kids have already been spoiled like crazy for Easter with grandmas and aunties dropping over way too many treats! We haven't even celebrated Easter yet! Rio will have enough treats to take her to Hallowe'en!
- Tomorrow we head to Pender Island for our annual Easter festivities (we have only missed one year since I was pregnant with Rio). We cannot wait to overindulge as usual when we get together and are looking forward to a relaxing getaway with some great friends.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
I haven't written a good old fashioned random post in a while, so here you go with all that's new and exciting around here (sorry for no pics, we have been terrible recently):