- Back to school NO PROBLEM. Couldn't get me out of there fast enough on Monday morning. Phew. Somebody's officially settled!
- Tackled a dentist appointment with ease for the first time ever. In the past they have either been completely unsuccessful (like we leave without her opening her mouth), or like last time, when there were literally three of us holding her down and the dentist prying her mouth open. Not pretty! But proud to say this time she opened up all on her own and was a real champ.
- He's having some success sitting up. Not completely on his own, but with less support. Exciting!
- Because Asher's almost 2 years old and lives with CP, the fact that he's not sitting is stressful - incredibly stressful in fact. A year ago, we all, including his PT, thought he'd sit no problem, but these days I haven't been so sure and I have been scared to ask his PT what she thinks now. Today it came up when I told her how positive I am feeling about how well he is sitting with support, and unprovoked she said "Oh he'll learn to sit". Now of course she can't predict the future and no one knows for sure what Asher will do, but coming from a PT with years of experience, that made me really happy. Happy enough to cry - duh, of course, what about Asher doesn't make me cry?
- He has waaaay looser leg muscles since we've been back. Not sure what that's about - we think all the swimming he did - but it has made things easier for him. That said, I can feel them tightening by the minute, so doing lots of stretching.
- We had a good chat with PT and OT today about plans for more gear for him. Lots of stuff to look at and talk about next time we go to the gym at their centre. More stuff for the house, but really exciting any time we can get him more involved with all of us, especially Nolan.
- He's sleeping horribly. Up every night for hours at a time. Needless to say mom and dad aren't happy.
- He's still not walking! Lots of independent standing but refusing to take a step. In Mexico he came so close a few times, but instead dropped down and decided to crawl.
- Hmm. Not much else. Evidently a boring week for Nolan!
- Starting to talk up a storm. Tons of mimicking and beginning more and more words at the appropriate time - for example "all done" when they don't want to eat anything else, "bye" when they are ready for bed, and often "bum" when they need a diaper change. Brilliant!