I do realize, unfortunate as it is, that posting about the fact I have nothing to say doesn't really constitute as a worthy blog post. So instead I'm going to post the first 10 things that come to mind. And I'm not going to filter myself at all...
1. All I can smell is the new essential oils I just bought. I've rubbed them all over myself and the kids for various reasons and man oh man do we smell lovely. The scent of the moment is black licorice. I really need to buy a diffuser (Note to self -- browse Amazon when you're done here).
2. My God I am frustrated with the Canucks right now. Losing 6-2 to Columbus? Get your s%$t together boys. You're stressing me out.
3. Ever since having the boys I've thought I looked old. I mean you probably do age a lot in the latter half of your thirties, but I thought I was particularly accelerated in that department given a few hard years that would rightfully age anyone. But then I saw this photo, taken less than two years ago and I wonder if I've been a little hard on myself?
I look at that and think "Hmm. Not so old". But do I think I look old now? HECK YES. So I wonder - in two years from now am I going to look back on a photo of me today and again think "Hmmm. Not so old"?? I sure hope so! (ps - Should I be growing my hair out again?? This picture is kind of making me regret cutting it all off!)
4. We had Indian takeout tonight. We rarely have takeout. Wow do I love butter chicken. What a treat!
5. I've eaten a brownie and a donut today. And I'm thinking about a second brownie.
6. I pretty much think we have the nicest house ever. Every time I walk in it I smile.
7. I've been introduced to a new drink called a French 75. Seems like a weird combo of champagne, gin, and sugar but I promise if you try it you won't be disappointed. I anticipate drinking a lot of it this summer.
8. I have the greatest, sweetest coworkers. I love the amount of laughter, tears, seriousness, silliness and hard work that all somehow fit into each day. Also, I've only been at work for 7 weeks but I already forget what it's like to not work. I love it.
9. I really need to write a post about the protesters near my house. It's been a post I've been writing in my head for about 4 years. Man will it take some mental energy to get those words down but I think it will feel good when I do. I guess stating it in this list kind of means I'm committed now?
10. My library book is due on Tuesday and I'm not even close to being finished. I can't renew it because someone else has it on hold so I have to do a lot of reading over the next few days. I hate when that happens, even though I love the book. It feels like homework.
Ok this was pretty much the stupidest post I have ever written. Ever. This is what happens when I don't filter myself. But at least it's something and I can dream up another useless post two weeks from now?